Thursday, January 11, 2007

Free Fall is the Only Way to Travel

All right. I did it. I jumped into the world of bloggage. That word is far too close to "luggage"... I hope that's just coincidence.

Nonetheless, I look forward to having had this thing for a while.

I'm in the middle of a very oddly calm, incredibly busy crossroads right now. Music, school, work, and painting. Things could be a lot worse. Hell, my breakfast was more food than a lot of people will be eating all week. Yeah, things could be a lot worse.

Cruising around the blogging landscape, I noticed most first posts explain (or make excuses for) starting the blogging life. I think this one's just gonna be a list. And just like all the other internet entertainment and fauxtainment that seems to come into my life, it's coming in while I have a very full to-do list.

1. Painting. I want to paint my cottage. Due by Thursday 1/18.
2. Music. I want to compose a score for my buddy's 5 minute buddy cop webisode series. Due by Saturday 1/20.
3. School. I should probably want to pay for that. Due by Monday 1/15.
4. Work. I want to not, but I am going to. No due, just happening.
5. Music. I want to compose a piece for my other buddy's short. Due before the draft starts, global warming cashes in on its debt, or I lose my sanity.
6. Time. I want more of it between now and tomorrow. Does anybody know who rations that out these days?
7. Music. I want to have a piece done, for myself. Due by Monday 1/22.
8. Blog. I want to have another post to solidify my blogging habits. Due by Tuesday 1/16.
9. Gaming. I want to play more FF1. This thing's great.
10. Friends. I want to stay in touch with out-of-town people this semester. Wish me luck.
11. School. I want to kick the music entrance exam's ass tomorrow.
12. Music. I want to learn Reason. Due by Sunday 1/14.
13. Sleep. I want enough of it. Due by tonight.
14. Work. I want to get started assembling a crack team of brainstorming experts for wreaking havoc on the business world, from within the business world. First target: The Nieman D.

And now a closing thought for all you thinkers out there.
"If you like that side of beef and want another just like it, we can grow it for you." -ViaGen

4 comments:

Berb said...

Hey! I'm an out of town person!

So last weekend I had the (mis?)fortune of working with Monte Bairos for 12 hours of rehearsal + a concert at DVC for this honor band thingy. Kind of a nutjob, but without that guy (and Michael Falgien saying that's what she said every 5 minutes) it just wouldn't have been so awesome. Not to brag, but we probably played ten trillion times better than any high school ensemble has EVER played. or ever will play. in the universe. all the universes. heh.

PEACE.
-berbert

Ratswollem said...

That's true!

In touch we will stay.

Bairos is one crazy guy. Hehe, I could go on for a semi-extended period of time about him, but I'll restrain myself. And Michael is a very special sort of character also. I'm glad things went so well. You should keep me up to date on these sorts of happenings. I like music, after all. ;)

The Crazy Adventures Speed Team said...

why don't you write what should be the ending for the couch bandits....blahahahaha


oh, and you have an ambitious list of shit to do so much so you may not have time to shit making your post a paradox

The Crazy Adventures Speed Team said...

wheres this second post so lit a fiiiing your place in blogggggdom