Friday, January 19, 2007

I Don't Mean to be Ungrateful, But...

The list:
1. Painting. I want to paint my cottage. Due by Thursday 1/18.
2. Music. I want to compose a score for my buddy's 5 minute buddy cop webisode series. Due by Saturday 1/20.
3. School. I should probably want to pay for that. Due by Monday 1/15.
4. Work. I want to not, but I am going to. No due, just happening.
5. Music. I want to compose a piece for my other buddy's short. Due before the draft starts, global warming cashes in on its debt, or I lose my sanity.
6. Time. I want more of it between now and tomorrow. Does anybody know who rations that out these days?
7. Music. I want to have a piece done, for myself. Due by Monday 1/22.
8. Blog. I want to have another post to solidify my blogging habits. Due by Tuesday 1/16.
9. Gaming. I want to play more FF1. This thing's great.
10. Friends. I want to stay in touch with out-of-town people this semester. Wish me luck.
11. School. I want to kick the music entrance exam's ass tomorrow.
12. Music. I want to learn Reason. Due by Sunday 1/14.
13. Sleep. I want enough of it. Due by tonight.
14. Work. I want to get started assembling a crack team of brainstorming experts for wreaking havoc on the business world, from within the business world. First target: The Nieman D.

The results thus far:
Let's re-cap on the items with which due dates have passed.
1. Painting. SUCCESS!
2. Music. Semi-successful... the director, it turns out, had three musicians on board but had not told me. Thus, I composed, and it was grand, but the director is silly and going for musical themes that he did not inform me of. Anyway, it means I have a bunch of newly created music and I can still do whatever I want with it. Plus, I'm definitely still on board for the future episodes when more delicate and orchestral pieces will fit into his plans.
3. School. PAID! And discounted $500... score.
4. Work. DONE! My last day at TJ's is Saturday, my first day at Copyworld starts in 1 hour and 47 minutes.
6. Time. Utter failure.
8. Blog. Complete defeat.
9. Gaming. Crushing loss.
10. Friends. Going smoothly.
11. School. Good enough.
12. Music. LEARNED! And loving it.
13. Sleep. Let's just not count last night... hehehe... eh.
14. Work. Healthily underway.

So let's see here. That leaves us with 8.5 out of 12 successes and 3.5 not so successfuls. 70.83% of the outcomes are in good measure. I'm OK with that. This also means that I'm (give or take) 85.71% complete with the list, leaving me a much more pleasant week ahead of me. Here are the details:

a) Music. I want to compose a piece for my other buddy's short. Due before the draft starts, global warming cashes in on its debt, or I lose my sanity.
b) Music. I want to have a piece done, for myself. Due by Monday 1/22.
c) Blog. I want to have another post to seriously solidify my blogging habits. Due by Tuesday 1/23.
d) Gaming. I seriously want to play more FF1. This thing is seriously great.
e) Diet. I want to eat more soup. This dietary habit should go into full effect immediately. And it is!
f) Friends. I seriously still want to stay in touch with out-of-town people this semester.
g) School. I want to kick some major musicianship ass on the next h/w assignment. Due by Monday 1/22.

OK! Time to start a new job! copycopycopycopycopy....

No comments: